Saturday 11 February 2012

Sketch book challenge

Last month I Joined up with the sketch book challenge as I thought it would give some ideas for subjects to keep me going on my personal challenge of a sketch a day, which I've kept up since April last year.

The challenge for this month is close up, so when I was looking back at my photos from Suffolk I remembered this water aid clock that I'd seen on Southwold pier, this is how it looked last summer.



And last week it looked like this.



And I nearly got frostbite in my fingers getting this shot.

So sticking to the challenge I thought I'd crop the image to the details I liked best



......and gave it an ink filter in PS just for fun....... I thought it might help me sort out the shapes, when I sketched it, but it didn't and the sketch eneded up like this.



It was fun to do and made me think differently, so thanks to those at the sketchbook challenge.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness - I can almost feel the cold from your recent photo of that amazing clock, and from your wonderful sketch of it. Well done for sticking to the challenge for such a long time.

Françoise said...

Nice sketch Sharon. Love the colours and shapes.
The pictures are great too.
It's snowing again here.

Unknown said...

I see a lot of inspiration here :-)

Ro Bruhn said...

Great interpretation, I love the colours you've used.