Tuesday 28 January 2014

Hobbit Heaven

We seem to be spending almost every day at our little bit of Hobbit heaven at the moment. It's so lovely to have somewhere to go and play, with the doors open and a warm stove to keep your feet toasty.

I made current bread the other day, just right for the Hobbit hole size of the pot belly's mouth. We used the toasting fork given to us by our grandson Ben. It didn't last long, too many hungry Hobbits about.


I made a sponge cake with home made blackberry and apple jam.


Not much left, well there isn't when you have visitors...... but then again they did bring presents.....


Lovely tea in dainty boxes..... 


I had a change around so I could see my grandson, Alfie's birthday plaque, when I'm washing up.



I've welcomed an old friend home, it never felt right in a house/flat, now I can look at it when it's getting dark and I'm still sketching....


We feel very lucky to have this little home, we could so nearly have lost it on Sunday......


This is what happened to our 2 neighbours' plots, I think it's superficial damage but very disheartening. I feel very sorry for them.


2 comments:

Pat said...

It just gets better,I think you will soon have a queue of visitors as the word gets out.
So sorry for your neighbours, and for everyone affected by this dreadul weather.

karen said...

oh you have a little special hidey hole shed!!! Jealous!!