Monday 10 November 2008

A sunshine walk in the woods

Because the weather has been so awful for the past couple of weeks I thought I'd post up a lovely walk we had a few weeks ago at
our local Arboretum where we were greeted with this wonderful array of Autumn colours, in the sunshine!!!!!



Everywhere we looked there were these lovely reds that turned into golden oranges.



And just by way of a change orange into green.





And this collection almost had it all.



On our way in we saw these great sculptures



We did venture out to look for more Autumn colour on Sunday but although the colour was there the light wasn't, but I did manage to get this moody shot by boosting my camera to shoot in vivid colour.



So I had to content myself with collecting leaves for my next silk papers.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The colour at Autumn is truly inspirational - I love that moody shot.
I also have been collecting leaves - but I dont have the glowing colours that you have. (Must remember to go to an Arboretum next year!!)
K

Helen said...

wonderful pictures Sharon and they have indeed cheered me up, thank you :D

Julie said...

Beautiful colours, Sharon. Even more beautiufl for being so fleeting once the wind takes hold. I'm intrigued by the silk paper reference. Do you just trap them between the layers?

Françoise said...

Beautiful Autumn colours! The weather has been pretty bad here too...

hippopip said...

Lovely `photos Sharon such beautiful colours I liked the sculptures they looked as if they were growing out of the leaves.

Val said...

Just catching up with your blog Sharon - gorgeous pix - wonderful colours. Love your C&G piece too!

Ro Bruhn said...

Beautiful colours, ours are all green at present, bursting into new spring growth.