Thursday 14 March 2013

The end of the week, it can't be

However did we have the time to fit in work?

It's been a bit of a mishmash this week with lots of different things happening in my diary, so this is a bit of a catch up post.


First of all, I've been pushing my ideas forward on my personal project which you can see here and this is a taster of where I'm heading, having been inspired from a very peculiar direction....

Next I found 2 lovely additions to the Summerhouse collection this week....


I didn't know what I'd use this bowl for when I bought it, but it was the right colours, and then on the way home the light bulb came on, salad of which we'll being growing loads soon, weather permitting.


And of course I didn't need an excuse to buy these, did I.


Then there was some serious plot planning to be done, time's getting on..... good job I did too as I'd got several things wrong,  more about that next time.

And lastly more sketching,  I went back to a technique that I'd learnt on my C&G part 1, creating tone with dots.


First there was 1


Then there were 2 


That's all for now, more news later.....

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love the dotty tonal studies - they are beautiful. Do hope you get the sunshine to go with that lovely dish. I can just imagine a salad lunch in the summerhouse after a busy morning on the allotment. Love the sketch too.