Thanks to everyone for your lovely comments on my previous 100th post, I will get my OH to do the draw later on, if I can prise him away from the garden.
I while ago I read this post on Carol’s blog and it made me wonder if these raised wallpapers would be any good for printing, so I went round Homebase like a woman possessed tearing off lumps of WP, much to the embarrassment of my poor OH.
Anyway I tried printing with acrylic and it worked beautifully, the deeper relief patterns were obviously more successful. I printed onto a 12”x 12” canvas with a yellow ochre BG as I knew I wanted to use some previously printed autumn leaves. The WP I used is a nice stylised leaf pattern, you can see it here after I’d used it again for a deep orange on another piece.
I over painted the BG with a thin layer of cadmium orange and then applied the leaf print, (printed on mulberry paper) with a thin wash of PVA.
I still wasn’t happy as the leaves looked stuck on so I over painted it again, but this time mixing in a bit of interference gold.
I liked it when I first did it but I’m not sure if I’ve killed it now!
This is the first one of a series I’m doing for the exhibition, so I will post up more as I get them documented
PS sorry for the confusion to anyone who saw this post earlier and then it disappeared, but Blogger bodged the publishing, leaving half of it behind and I had to go out, so had no choice but to delete it.