Tuesday 25 March 2008

April PC design for CG

I decided to spend the afternoon working on the design for the April PC for the Calendar Girl challenge, as it involves daisies and I was rather taken with these that I photographed at the RHS Wisley Gardens at the weekend.



Needless to say , as the weather is still too cold to use my outside 'wet' studio/shed, I stayed indoors and played with PS and Corel Painter instead.

As this is just a quick post I won't bore you with the details of how I got the result of the design pic, but suffice to say I isolated just the heads of the flowers and took it from there.

I'd had in my mind this time to try and come as far away from the original image source (see below) as possible, so changing the colour and using a photo was a start.



I also decided that I didn't want to use text this time so I found the image of the two children by Googling friends/clip art.



The next step of course is to turn it into a textile PC....Hmmmm?

6 comments:

Shirley Anne Sherris said...

Hi
I do hope you manage to transpose this one into a textile. It is lovely. A good days digital imaging.
Cheers

Aussie Jo said...

Interesting image, and what a beautiful vibrant blue!!!

Joanna said...

How cute and sweet. What a great idea with the two little girls!

Joanna said...

How cute and sweet. What a great idea with the two little girls!

Purple Missus said...

Hmmm indeed!
This one is certainly going to test you I think :)
Very much look forward to seeing the result.
I didn't notice the two little girls in the centre at first - what a great idea.

Françoise said...

Oh yes, it's so lovely. I want to see the fiber PC now!