I managed to get something into cloth on Tuesday, all be it only 2 PC's, but it's a start.
I made the heavy horse design that I wotked out on the prevous post into a PC format and printed it onto calico that had been treated with Bubblejet 2000. I thought I'd be really clever and back it with WC paper to make it easier to write on, but you've guessed it , once I'd stitched the satin stitch round the edge, the paper came away in my hand! So it had to become a card.
Having made one card the next PC had to go the same way, so please excuse the wobbly pics, they wouldn't stay flat to photogtaph.
This one is one of my snow pics from the other day printed onto print ready canvas with the words printed on acetate and stitched to the usual pelmet vilene.
Today I decided to try and get to grips with a bigger piece and start on some ideas for a small quilt. I had already dyed some cotton to look like thundery clouds and scanned it into PS to see what might look good with it.
I was very taken with an installation at the Arundle Wetland Centre that is called an 'Obscurer'. It's a thatch roofed hut with a hole and a mirror at the top, and it's completely dark inside. When the sun shines the light hits the mirror and an image of the waving reeds can be seen on a circular white reflector in the hut. It's really beautiful and I wanted to include it with the horse image. So here's my first idea for the mini quilt.