Wednesday 25 June 2008

Buoys and ropes

Just a quick note to say thank you to all who have been keeping up with our journey so far. As you guessed internet access is not easy, so I'll be posting up three posts at once and will catch up with all of you when I can or when I get home.
Thanks for dropping by, it was lovely to see all your comments there.

Before we left Sea Houses, which is the main town in Northumberland that the Puffin excursion boats sail from, I did a bit of a photo shoot on the textures in the harbour and this is what I came up with.



The first pic was of a load of buoys and ropes tied onto the back of a fishing boat, I thought the colours looked really vibrant and I liked the quiet tones and patterns of the ropes, they seem to complement the composition really well.



The next pic I saw was the reflection of those fishing paraphernalia in the harbour, the patterns and the colours were lovely.



I then saw these great chains and ropes all mixed up together and couldn’t resist having a go to see how they’d look in a composition.



In the same box there was this winch type piece of equipment all beautifully rusted, just the way we like it in textile art land!!

There were lots of other exciting things to photograph but it had started to rain by this time and we decided to retire to our camper for a cosy night by the sea.

Well actually the wind howled and the rain lashed all night long, but we stayed dry and warm thank goodness.

We woke up to a slightly dryer day and so decided to move on to Holy Island, which I will write about in my next post.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Lovely texture and colour photos Sharon :)