Friday 23 November 2007

Lift off






We finally got set up, for the exhibition by 9.30pm last night! It took us 5 hours from start to finish, so I suppose that wasn't too bad. Not much left to do this morning apart from a few more lables etc.

I decided to add some information about the pieces I was showing, as I often get asked where my inspiration comes from, so this turned out to be another add on, especially as I'd missed out a couple of pieces and had to do them quickly this morning. It didn't help that my dear OH had left me with no fresh blades in the Stanley knife, so I had to use a scalple, not very easy when you're trying to cut through foam board in a hurry!

Anyway the day went off very well with lots of visitors and I ended up by selling seven works and my OH sold ten!!

Interestingly enough I think it was my explanation of the work, that I wrote up this morning, that helped to sell my most
expensive piece.



This is what I wrote about it 'This piece was created as a result of my studies into iconography used in India and China. For me this image represents a calmness and contemplation that is often lacking in the modern world.

Two more days to go so lets hope our good fortune holds out.

Many, many thanks to all those who wished us luck!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Congrats on a good first day for you both. The exhibition room looks very nice in your photo
K

Purple Missus said...

Considering there are only three of you, your exhibition looks very impressive.
Congratulations on the amount of pieces you have sold.

Shirley Anne Sherris said...

what a fabulous exhibition space. Displays look good - good idea writing about inspiration for the pieces although visitors still like to talk about that with you don't they?
Hope it continues to go well and lots of sales.
At least you don't mind parting with your work - which I find very hard to do, so tell them it is not for sale.

Debbi Baker said...

Hi Sharon - Gosh I haver missed your blog and all your wonderful creativity! I got such a shock this morning to see how many posts I had to read. Congratulations on such a fantastic start to your exhibition - I would love to have been "in the vicinty"!! I remain fascinated by your triptych developments..., cheers Debbi

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

Hi Sharon,

The exhibition looks amazing. Wish I could just 'drop in' for a visit! Hope it's all continuing well for you.

Julie said...

Hope you've continued to have a very successful weekend, Sharon. The exhibition looks wonderful. I think it was a great idea to include a note about your inspiration. Your OH's photos look very impressive. Hope it doesn't take 5 hours to take down!
Congratulations on your sales.