Sunday 14 October 2007

Apples for breakfast



Today we made our yearly visit to al local apple growers Apple Day. We had a 'second breakfast", in true Hobbit style of sliced apples from varieties as varied as Coxes Orange Pippin to Pinova, a lovely sweet apple with a hint of sharpness! All this was then washed down with samples of mulled wine, Christmas Mead, and cheese. It doesn't get any better than that, or does it?


They also have a craft exhibition on the site, where I met a lovely lady, Jenny Stacy, who was selling the most delightful buttons I've seen in a long time. She had a great piece of collaged luggage label on the table, and I asked her if it was an ATC, to which she looked blank and asked me what on earth was that. I elaborated and we had a super chat. I asked Jenny if I could photograph her lovely buttons to show on my blog and she kindly agreed.

Jenny has a web site www.jennystacy.co.uk where you can buy these gorgeous buttons, which I think would be super for decorating ATC's as the small 25p ones are about 1cm in diameter.

It was so nice to meet someone like minded and so enthusiastic about their craft.

4 comments:

Debbi Baker said...

Gorgeous buttons - and her website is very pretty too (thanks for the link!). Your purchases - previous post - look lovely and bright so I hope we get to see what you make with them!

chrissythreads said...

Hi Sharon,
sorry about the little images - I downloaded them quickly from some I had to send through to my tutor in that format, hopefully you will find the rest back to normal.Lovely buttons but I hope you are saving some slices of your apples to dry, paint & varnish to produce some of your own buttons. Chris

Debbi Baker said...

Update on my previous comment - I hope you don't mind but I have tagged you - see my blog for details. Hope you'll participate - it is just for fun!

Ro Bruhn said...

Ummm Coxes Orange Pippin, they were my favourite as a child in England, they still are but they don't grow many in Australia.