Monday 8 October 2007

A grand day out






We had a lovely day at the seaside yesterday, taking full advantage of the late arrival of the sun. We went to Hurst Casle, which is on the South coast. It would be more aptly named a fortification, as that’s how it appears today, although the Keep, that was built by Henry V111 is still in evidence. It is situated at the end of a causeway and was garrisoned in both world wars and formed part of the Coastal Artillery defenses until 1956.
This was my second visit recenly as the first time I'd become enthralled with the amazing colours of the rust that has formed on the enormous metal gun doors.
I wanted to get more accurate colour pictures than I had on the first visit, as the cloud cover was heavy and I'd had to use flash.
I also wanted to ty out my new little Canon Powershot A570, which I bought for occasions where my Nikon D50 is too bulky and heavy.
I have to say I was pretty impressed with the close-up shots, but not that pleased with the distance shots. I have alot to learn about it yet. I still love the colours in the original Nikon shot and hope that I can find a way to translate the paperwork I've don so far.

1 comment:

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Very nice work.
How come I've not seen it? I'm only up the road in Fleet