Wednesday, 10 October 2007

Busy day



I finally found time to put the embroidered leaves on the printed silk paper sample. I just laied down a few silk tops to keep everything in place and left it at that, I think it's worked quite well. I bought some Perspex to make a sandwiched frame to display it, so I hope that goes well, with a little DIY help from 'him indoors'!


Having finished off that project I decided to take the plunge and make my first post card. It was actually the product of a rather unsuccessful attempt at using Transfoil. I had some knocking about from a show, as you do, and had lost the instructions. I tried sticking it to Bondaweb, shiny side up, and found I couldn't remove the film, so most of it had to stay put. I seem to remember similar problems when I tried to use it once before. I'll have to investigate further and maybe take some advise from PurpleMissus.


Anyway, it was a fairly succesful day and I was pleased to have made a post card at last especially when I found that my little quilting square was the perfect size, and I could see through it, hopefully many more on the way.

3 comments:

sandra wyman said...

Looks good to me! Have just got some foil and intend to experiment!
Thanks for your comment on my blog. BTW whilst I enjoyed the Harrogate show I'm not sure it's big or good enough these days to justify all that expense!

Hannah said...

The postcard is lovely - I like the variegated 'bound' edges too...

arlee said...

I really do like the simplicity of the leaves, letting the shape and a few lines infer the meaning. Perfect!