Monday, 1 October 2007
I decided to have a bit of 'me time' the other day and got out my silk paper kit, bought at the Knitting and Stitch show last year. I had breifly had a go once before so had a rough idea how to do it.
I thought I would try trapping some of the beautiful Autumn leaves that are falling near my home. I collected a large pile and then painted the ones I really liked with diluted PVA and hung them up to dry.
I used a Mawata Hankie as my base, about 4 layers, then placed the dried leaves and seed heads on the top. I covered this with silk waste and tussa silk noils, and then glued the whole thing together with Jo Sonja's textile Medium.
I was quite pleased with the result, so I went on to do a few more using machine embroidery patches and pressed flower petals.
This was a very satisfying and peaceful morning's work and has given me some useful starting points.