Sunday 28 October 2007

Just for fun



Post card 2 has just been completed. I was so impressed with the way my embellisher handled the dyed nylon Twinkle on velvet (previous post) that I decided to take time out from the ongoing rust project to make a post card, just for fun!



I started off with the cotton velvet and welded small pieces of twinkle down to the surface. I then got out my small sample stash from various day workshops and proceeded to see what would work. This included some floristry paper from an old bouquet that I had printed with painted Bodaweb and some painted nylon.



I really liked the effect of just using the embellisher on the velvet, which gave the surface a completely different feel. I left just a little bit of the velvet in its natural state to give a contrast.



To give it a little bit of 'pizzazz' I sewed on a few beads randomly over the piece.

A pleasant way to pass the time on a disgustingly rainy day!

1 comment:

Shirley Anne Sherris said...

Hi
I see you are well into embellishing - like a seasoned embellisher. Nice and free too - keep blending those colours and textures.