Friday 28 December 2007

Surprise post





A couple of weeks ago I was admiring some post cards on Jacqueline's blog and she very kindly emailed me and asked for my address so that she could send me one. It arrived this morning, and WOW, what a beautiful post card it is too.

It is a lovely random dyed silk or cotton (I think) overlayed with a sheer, ( I thought it was organza) but that wouldn't burn. The whole surface has undulated giving an uncanny resemblance to Oak leaves as they turn in Autumn. I was so delighted to receive this as I love the forest that we live in and am particularly fond of the leaf carpet that the oaks make in the winter.

Jacqueline is a highly talented lady and if you haven't visited her blog I would highly recommend it as she is amazingly generous in her explanations of the myriad of experiments she ties out.

4 comments:

Shirley Anne Sherris said...

Hi
I think I am back to normal - whatever that is -
I too love these colours and have made a set of jewellery based on autumn oak leaves.
One of my favourite threads is Madeira FS20 col 482 - variegated metallic in these colours. Use it a lot.
BFN

Val said...

Lucky you Sharon - it looks just gorgeous. Happy New Year to you and your family. Val

Unknown said...

Hi Sharon, it is organza, Organza burns perfectly!!! Wether you use a iron or an heatgun, it always works, you can add several layers also, the colour changes with each layer.
regards
Jacqueline
ps I am glad you liked it!

Emma said...

Happy New Yer!
Emma