Thursday, 6 December 2007
Last night Ben ( my GS) come over for his usual art session and decided he wanted to make a 'beanie snake'. As usual Nanny's never prepared for these sudden bursts of inspiration, so there's no suitable fabric in the bin or beans to stuff it!!
Undeterred we raided GD's bird food store and found some sunflower seeds, perfect for stuffing, hope they don't go mouldy!
Then there was the question of the fabric. Well, I had a super piece of shiny green plastic/jersey, but it wasn't really snakey on it's own, so out came Ben's favourite machine , the embellisher and we welded some orange sheer over the top, Bingo! We had a snake sloughing it's skin. The only problem was that the sheer wasnt attached to the green jersey very well , so we used the heat gun very carefully and joined the two fabrics together. We then made the tube for the body, filled it with suflower seeds and stitched the head closed.
As a final touch Ben cut out a tongue from some silk bonded to pelmet vilene and put a couple of amber studs on for his eyes, and Trevor was born. Ben calls him Trevor aka amber eyes for obvious reasons! Hope they like him at school.